Rental service and minivan
Find out more about our rental service and read about how you can borrow our minivan!
At LOKO Central, students and associations of Leuven can borrow all kinds of materials. It is even free of charge for student unions and recognised associations in Leuven! All you have to do, is pay a deposit.
- At LOKO Central ('s-Meiersstraat 5!), recognised associations, student unions and students can borrow a cargo bike, beamers, steward jackets, projection screens, cantus pitchers... The former offer of the rental service of LOKO Sport can now also be found at LOKO Central.
- At LOKO Sport you can only borrow a cargo bike.
- Additionally, there is a usefull list of rental services by other organisations on the bottom of our rental page!
Cashless rental service
! ATTENTION: LOKO's rental service works cashless from the academic year 2021-2022 onwards and therefore prefers to receive the deposit via bank transfer.
- Transfer the exact amount (max. 500 euros) to DIDO vzw (BE22 0011 4801 9147) with notice "Deposit [Name of organisation] rental service LOKO [Date of reservation]".
- The Maximum deposit is always €500, regardless of renting goods for a bigger amount according to the rental tool.
- Bring a digital or printed proof of transfer with you when collecting the materials.
Cargo Bikes - KU Leuven Green Office
LOKO provides two cargo bikes of the KU Leuven Green Office free of charge within its rental service. One cargo bike within the Central rental service and one within the LOKO sports rental service which is available at Heverlee. Morerover, cargo bikes do not require a deposit!
Both LOKO cargo bikes unavailable? Check if there are any more cargo bikes available at the website of the KU Leuven Green Office itself!
Looking for a vehicle to transport material to the location of your student activity? Didn't find a van, but found a driver? We might have just the thing for you!
The Central Logistics Services (CLD) of the KU Leuven put a KU Leuven service vehicle at the disposal of student unions ('kringen') and recognised associations, available via LOKO.
A student union or association can reserve the vehicle by contacting the staff of LOKO via email@example.com.
This must be done at least one week in advance. The staff will check the availability of the vehicle at the CLD of KU Leuven. Recurring use of the vehicle can be requested. For example, you can reserve the vehicle every first Monday of the month. The vehicle can be booked for a maximum of 24 hours, but exceptions are sometimes allowed.
In order to reserve the vehicle at LOKO, the following information is required:
- Driver's name, e-mail address, telephone number and student number;
- Student union or association
- Reason of transport
- Concrete time of collection and return (date + hour). Pick up is possible every weekday between 8 am and 4.30 pm.
DEPOSIT & CONTRACT
If the vehicle is available, the student union or association will visit the LOKO office ('s-Meiersstraat 5) to sign the contract. Moreover you pay the deposit of €500 to DIDO VZW on the bank number BE22 0011 4801 9147 with the notice of "Waarborg [Association] Bestelbusje LOKO [Date of reservation]".
- Afterwards, the driver can pick up the vehicle in Heverlee at the CLD, Willem de Croylaan 36, 3001 Leuven. Your student card is necessary to start the vehicle.
The van may only be used in the region of Leuven. After all, the van is already a little older and therefore no longer suitable for long distances. Ideally, the van is used to transport material that does not belong to the rental service of the KU Leuven, as they offer to deliver themselves.
It is a van without a tail lift (Renault Master) for which you need a drivers license B. The vehicle has a maximum load capacity of 1200 kg. (dimensions cargo space: 2.55 m long - 1.25m wide - 1.85m high). The total height of the vehicle is 2.5m.
The vehicle is supplied with a full gas tank and must be returned with a full tank as well.
The service vehicle can only be borrowed by student unions ('kringen') or student associations recognised by LOKO.