Dido vzw (LOKO)
‘s Meiersstraat 5, 3000 Leuven
016/ 22 31 09
- If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services can be regarded (a) as a breach of the terms and conditions of the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of the Services, (c) a danger to our or our subcontractors’ Website, Services or systems as a result of viruses, Trojan Horses, spyware, malware or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any manner whatsoever illegal, unlawful, discriminatory or insulting, we may process your data in our own interests, in our partners’ or in third parties’ interests.
Which data do we process?
When using our Website and/or Services, we process your personal data. We can ask for, save, collect and process the following personal data:
- identification data: surname, name, domiciliation address and/or residential address, phone number, email address, student number, national registry number, account number and main office;
- personal features: sex, date of birth, place of birth and nationality;
- position at or relation to student unions (‘kringen’) or other Leuven student associations;
- visual materials made at activities of LOKO.
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data are processed by LOKO in accordance with the purpose the data is provided for. The processing is limited to the data necessary for the purposes they are processed for. Your personal data are processed by LOKO
for the following purposes:
- So you can take part in activities of LOKO (legitimate interest)
- So we can send meeting documents, reports and invitations (legitimate interest)
- So we can carry out our services such as subsidies and lending service (legitimate interest)
- So we can make sure all employers’ obligations are met (legal justification)
- So we are be able to pursue a sound and safe volunteer policy (legitimate interest)
- So we can ensure the democratic quality of the representation of Leuven students (legitimate interest)
Who processes the data?
The data will be processed by the following bodies:
- board members of the association;
- volunteers of the association;
- staff members, working students and interns at LOKO.
Whom do we share your data with?
- We do not send your personal data to third persons in a way that you can be identified without your explicit consent to do so, unless this is necessary to provide the Services or to achieve the previously named purposes.
- We can disclose your personal data to third parties if you give your consent. This consent can be withdrawn at any moment.
- We can rely on external processors to offer the Website and/or Services to you. We ensure that third-party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf and pursuant to our written instructions. We guarantee that all external processors are selected with the necessary care, so that we can rest assured of the security and integrity of your personal data. We, for instance, use third parties (processors) to:
- look after our internet environment (web hosting);
- look after our IT infrastructure (e.g. IT network);
- stay in contact with individual students of the different Leuven campuses (via official student associations, KU Leuven);
- look after our financial and/or legal services;
- look after our relations with Stad Leuven;
- look after our alumni activities.
- look after our internet environment (web hosting);
- We can transmit anonymized and/or aggregated data to other organizations that can use these data to improve products and services, and to organize bespoke marketing, presentation and the sale of products and services.
- We will never disclose personal data to processors (third parties) we do not have a processors agreement with. With these parties (processors) we naturally make the necessary agreements on ensuring your personal data.
- we will not disclose the provided data to third parties, unless this is a legal obligation and/ or allowed, for instance within the framework of a police investigation or a judicial inquiry.
Where do we process data?
- We and our external processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA.
- We can transfer our anonymised and/or aggregated data to organisations outside the EEA. If such transfer is made, we shall ensure that there are appropriate guarantees to warrant the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all personal data rights that you might enjoy under applicable mandatory law are guaranteed.
How do we process data?
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access or theft and from unintentional loss, manipulation or destruction. Our personnel or the personnel of our external controllers will only be able to gain access on a need-to-know basis and this is subject to strict obligations of confidentiality. We use a username and password policy on al our systems, make backups of the personal data to be able to recover them in case of physical or technical incidents test and evaluate our measures frequently, and our staff is informed on the importance of the protection of personal data. However, you should understand that the care for security and protection consists only of an obligation of means according to best efforts, which can never be guaranteed.
LOKO retains your personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose they are provided for or no longer than required by law. You can find more specific information on the processing of data in the processing register at our website.
- You have the right to request access to all the personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access that are clearly submitted with a view to causing us inconvenience or damage will not be dealt with.
- You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our Website, you can personally correct much of such data through your profile. If such a request is submitted, you must also enclose proof showing that the personal data for which you request correction is incorrect.
- You have the right to withdraw previously granted permission for the processing of your personal data. You can withdraw your permission at all times by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by removing your profile (if applicable).
- Instead of requesting removal, you can also request that we restrict the processing or your personal data if (a) you dispute the correctness of such data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the objectives stated but you need it to defend yourself in judicial proceedings.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data if you can show that there are serious and justified reasons regarding special circumstances warranting such an objection. However, if the envisaged processing is noted as direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without giving any reason for this.
- If your personal data is processed on the basis of permission or on the basis of a contract where the data is processed automatically, you have the right to receive the personal data provided to us in a structured manner and in a generally used format that can be read by a machine and, if technically possible, you have the right to directly transmit such data to another service provider. We will be the only persons to assess the technical viability of this.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the above-mentioned rights, you can send an email to email@example.com. Such request must clearly state what right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated, signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card showing your identity. We will notify you immediately when such request has been received. If it appears that the request is founded, we will grant the request as quickly as is reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after the request has been received.
- If you have a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data, you can always contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still dissatisfied with our answer, then you are at liberty to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, go to http://www.privacycommission.b...